Official call to the 92nd Annual Convention of the Connecticut District Exchange Clubs
Post date: Mar 18, 2016 4:34:59 PM
March 18, 2016
Subject: CT District Convention and Board Meetings—Saturday, May 14, 2016
Dear fellow Exchangites,
In accordance with Article IX (Convention), Section2, of the National Exchange Club, CT District President William Solder has directed that this official call be issued for the 92nd Annual Convention of the Connecticut District Exchange Clubs to be held at The Norwalk Inn and Conference Center located at 99 East Avenue, Norwalk, Connecticut on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
The following meetings will be held at The Norwalk Inn and Conference Center:
· A Connecticut District Exchange Executive Board meeting will be held at 8:30 am on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
· The Annual Meeting and election of officers will be at 11 am on Saturday May 14, 2016.
· A Connecticut District Exchange Executive Board meeting will be held at 12:30 pm on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
Section 3; Delegates. There shall be two (2) types of voting delegates as follows:
A. Club Delegates.
1. Each chartered club in good standing shall be entitled to voting delegates at any convention of the district by the Club’s President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and three (3) voting delegates for its first Twenty-five (25) members and one voting delegate for each additional twenty-five (25) based on the membership reported as of March 31 preceding the convention. The charter membership figure of a new club chartered after March 31 preceding the convention will determine the number of voting representatives allowed the new club at any convention. At the time of electing delegates, the club shall be entitled to elect an alternate for each such delegate for Active, Active Honorary, Life or At-Large Members in good standing in the club that is represent. The Club’s Secretary shall give written notification of the delegates to the District Secretary prior to any Convention. In the event any chartered club fails to certify the election of its delegates and alternates as herein set forth, the District Convention Committee on Credentials shall have the right to determine the seating of the delegates or alternates for the club.
B. At-large Delegates. The following individuals shall be voting delegates:
1. District Officers and members of the District Board of Directors;
2. Past District Presidents having membership in a club within the district;
3. Past National Presidents having membership in a club within the district.
Yours in Exchange,
CT District President