CT Exchange Club Board Meeting 06/08/14 Minutes

Post date: Sep 5, 2014 4:17:10 PM

Board Meeting

June 8, 2014

Mystic Hilton

Present: B. Hester, C.Totte, J. Petruzzi, D. Heenan, J. Karwoski, A. Petruzzi, B. Lawlor, P. Casini, B. Solder, R. Picard, P. McKinnon, Y. Ledoux, J. Meier.

Absent: T. Tung, M. DeNegris, A. Schroeder.

1. The meeting was called to order at 8:03 a.m. by President Designee R. Picard.

2. Sec. Report: The Secretary’s report from the April 8th quarterly meeting was approved with a motion by Casini/Meier and a unanimous vote.

3. Old Business: New town Project: R. Picard will meet with the Superintendent of Schools next week to discuss the placement of a Freedom Shrine. The Shrine will be placed in the new Sandy Hook Elementary School. B. Lawlor will assist with the placement of the Project.

4. New Business:

A. Appointment of Officers: A motion to appoint the following officers, who were not in attendance at the convention, was made by A. Petruzzi/J. Karwoski: John Javaruski , Secretary; Chris Miller, Div. II Director; A. Schroeder, Treasurer (temporary until another candidate is found). Approval was unanimous.

B. Board Meetings/Special Events: A list of the Board Meetings / Special Events is enclosed with the minutes.

C. 2015 Convention: There was a lengthy discussion about next year’s convention. D. Heenan discussed the critical issue of determining the date in a timely manner. He strongly suggested that the District return to setting the date a year in advance. A. Petruzzi

suggested that the District plan 3 conventions in a row, 2015-2017. That will be looked at by the President’s involved. It was suggested that the annual meeting be moved to training day to take the pressure off achieving quorum for the meeting. Also, alternatives for training were discussed. J. Meier volunteered to help with training and work closely with Div. I. This will be further discussed.

D. Goals: R. Picard presented the goals for 2014-15 (they are included with the minutes). He will work hard to achieve these goals but needs the help of the Exchange Team, Board members, Past District Presidents and Club Presidents. A list of Committees/Chairs will be provided by July 1st.

5. Thoughts from National Rep: B. Hester shared his thoughts on this morning’s discussion about leadership and training. He thanked the District for their hospitality and offered his assistance in the future.

6. The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Pamela McKinnon, Recorder