5TH ANNUAL WINE, WHISKY & CRAFT BEER TASTING AT STEW LEONARD’S TO BENEFIT NORWALK EXCHANGE CLUB
Post date: Nov 1, 2014 4:09:25 PM
5TH ANNUAL WINE, WHISKY & CRAFT BEER TASTINGAT STEW LEONARD’S TO BENEFIT NORWALK EXCHANGE CLUB
Thursday, November 6, 2014
NORWALK, Conn., October 6, 2014 – Join the wine specialists from Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk as we celebrate harvest season with our fifth annual Wine, Whiskey and Craft Beer Tasting benefitting the Norwalk Exchange Club! More than 100 wines, whiskies, and beers will be featured, as well as a menu of seasonal fare freshly prepared by Stew Leonard’s culinary team.
The event takes place on Thursday, November 6, 2014 from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at Stew Leonard's food store, located at 100 Westport Avenue in Norwalk. Tickets are $40 per person and all proceeds will benefit The Norwalk Exchange Club, which will use the funds raised to help fight and prevent child abuse in Fairfield County.
“On behalf of the Norwalk Exchange Club and its members, I would like to thank Stew Leonard's for hosting the fifth annual Wine, Whiskey & Craft Beer tasting. The Norwalk Exchange Club is a non-profit organization raising funds to aid the prevention of child abuse,” said Exchange Club President Tim Oman.
Stew Leonard's Wine specialists have hand-picked a selection of wines that complement the flavors of the fall harvest season. Notable bottles to be tasted include:
- Baron Rothschild Champagne ($99.99): This rich, ethereal and complex cuvee embodies the essence of the de Rothschild family’s winemaking values: perfection, constancy, and a spirit of purity and refinement, all given the utmost of care.
- Chateau La Nerthe Chateauneuf du Pape ($49.99): Chateau La Nerthe is one of Chateaneuf's oldest estates and a benchmark producer of the region. Located in the heart of the AOC, the 225 acres of Chateau La Nerthe's vineyards are locates in a single block around the chateau and have been certified organic since 1998.
- Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cabernet ($59.99): This is a vibrant, elegant expression of this classic appellation from a cooler vintage. It has a deep garnet color and an enticing nose of cassis liqueur, blueberry coulis, tobacco, tarragon and roasting coffee. The seamless palate starts with a berry-laden attack, follows with a full-bodied mid-palate, and ends with a long, savory finish with fine grained, well integrated tannins.
Whiskies and bourbons to be sampled at the event include Johnnie Platinum and Gold, Jack Daniel Single Barrel, Gentleman Jack, Woodford Reserve, and Woodford Reserve Double Oak. Representatives from Thimble Island Beer, hailing from Branford, Conn., will additionally offer samples of their popular American Ale, and hard cider lovers will enjoy a new French rose cider called Ecusson. Bailey’s will pour their original Irish Crème flavor alongside their new Chocolate Cherry Irish Crème.
To complement the array of fall flavors offered by the wine, beer, and spirits, Stew’s Chefs will offer a Pumpkin Risotto bar with golden raisins, toasted pine nuts, red & white roasted pearl onions, and crumbled sweet Italian sausage. Additional menu items include:
- Antipasti Bar featuring assorted meats, cheese, olives & breads
- Assorted pizza, including Butternut & Bacon with Ricotta Pizza
- Pigs in a Blanket with Spicy Brown Mustard
- Thai Chicken Satay
- Maple Mustard Salmon Satay
- Turkey Sliders with Apples, Onions and Cranberries
- Hot Shaved Roast Beef & Cheddar Sliders with Horseradish Sauce, served on a pretzel roll
Stew Leonard’s bakery team will additionally offer a selection of sweet treats at the end of the night, including freshly baked Apple Cider Donut Pops, Chocolate Dipped Crodo Bites, and Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Stew Leonard’s Wines, located at 55 Westport Avenue in Norwalk, will extend their hours that night until 9 p.m. so that guests can purchase any wine, whiskies and beer being sampled that night. *Wines and beers already listed at state minimum and/or on sale will be excluded.
Tickets can be purchased at Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk located at 55 Westport Ave.; Mane St. Salon at 6 Main Street, Norwalk; or by contacting the Exchange Club at 203.424.1122.
About Exchange Club
Exchange, America's Service Club, is a group of men and women working together to make our communities better places to live through programs of service in Americanism, Community Service, Youth Activities, and its national project, the Prevention of Child Abuse.
About Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk
Stew Leonard's Wines, named the 2011 Wine Enthusiast Retailer of the Year, is known for the personal service it provides to customers and its knowledgeable staff, many of whom are certified wine professionals. The store carries 2,600 wines from around the world, including more than 200 bottles of hard-to-find, highly rated wines in the fine wine cellar. Sign up to be notified of future events via email by filling out a form at the store. Visit www.stewswines.com for more information.