2018 Official Call to CT District Exchange Convention and Board Meetings — Saturday, May 19, 2018
Post date: Mar 20, 2018 1:40:24 AM
Dear fellow Exchangites,
In accordance with Article IX (Convention), Section 2, of the National Exchange Club, CT District Exchange President Cliff Kiernan has directed that this official call be issued for the 94th Annual Convention of the Connecticut District Exchange Clubs to be held at The Hampton Inn & Suites, 26 Mill River Street, Stamford, Connecticut on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
The following meetings will be held Saturday May 19, 2018 at The Hampton Inn & Suites in Stamford, Connecticut.
- CT District Exchange Executive/B.O.D. Briefing (Welcome & Introduction of National Rep): 8:15 - 8:45 AM
- Youth and A.C.E. Awards Breakfast: 9:00 – 10:30 AM
- CT District Exchange Clubs Annual Meeting and Election of Officers: 11:00 AM -12:30 PM or until business is concluded.
Section 3. Delegates. There shall be two (2) types of voting delegates as follows:
A. Club Delegates.
1. Each chartered club in good standing shall be entitled to voting delegates at any convention of the district by the Club’s President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President, Secretary and Treasurer, and three (3) voting delegates for its first twenty-five (25) members and one voting delegate for each additional twenty-five (25) members based on the membership reported as of March 31 preceding the convention. The charter membership figure of a new club chartered after March 31 will determine the number of voting representatives allowed the new club at any convention. At the time of electing delegates, the club shall be entitled to elect an alternate for each such delegate from the Active, Active Honorary, Life, At-Large, or Business (primary contact only) Members in good standing in the club that they represent. The Club’s Secretary shall give written notification of the delegates to the District Secretary prior to any Convention. In the event any chartered club fails to certify the election of its delegates and alternates as herein set forth, the District Convention Committee on Credentials shall have the right to determine the seating of the delegates or alternates for the club.
B. At-Large Delegates. The following individuals shall be voting delegates:
1. District Officers and members of the District Board of Directors;
2. Past District Presidents having membership in a club within the district;
3. National Officers and members of the National Board having membership in a club within the district;
4. Past National Presidents having membership in a club within the district.
Yours in Exchange,
CT District Exchange President 2017 -2018